Read all the step-by-step information below.
Complete and submit the online Application for Admission form, which also includes uploading your resume, Individual Education Program (IEP), and Psycho Educational Report.
Application for Admission
The online application process opens annually, the day after Labour Day.
Applications must be received by February 1st, 2022, at 4:00pm in order to be considered for the next academic year.
- If the application and documentation meet the program criteria, the applicant will be
- Asked to complete and submit the online CICE Questionnaire prior to the interview date. The questionnaire asks detailed questions about your education, work, interests, plus creating something called a Personal Statement: information about yourself (for example, family, friends, favourite spare time activities, school), dreams for your future and why you want to come to the CICE Program at Humber College. This can be entered online as part of the questionnaire, or recorded, in art form, etc. We will be keeping a copy of your personal statement for your applicant file. Be prepared to talk about your personal statement in the interview (as there may not be time to view your personal statement).
- Asked to provide email addresses for two individuals acting as your references. The reference will complete a confidential online form. The two individuals you choose should be able to comment about your academics, your motivation to come to college, your strengths and your needs. (For example, teacher, education assistant, co-op supervisor, agency worker, etc.) Personal references such as a family friend, relative or neighbor would not be a strong reference for this application. The request for references is part of the Questionnaire.
- Invited for an interview.
- The Interview
- Attend a scheduled interview and bring the following information
- A copy of your Personal Statement to leave with the interview panel.
- Other items to show and share (Awards, Portfolios, etc.)
- Acceptance to the Program
- Accepted students will be notified on March 31st, or next business day.
- An Application Selection Committee will review applications and select students for admission. Please do not call the office about the status of your application as we will not be able to provide this information for you over the phone. You will receive a phone call or letter informing you of your acceptance, wait list or decline on March 31st or after.
- Due to space limitations, not all applicants who complete the application and meet the 'Admission Requirements' will be accepted into the program; however you are welcome to reapply.
- If you have any concerns about the online application, please contact the CICE office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-675-6622 ext. 5152.
Keeping open communication is a key to success for all students in the CICE Program. It is important to note that the students within the CICE Program are adults. We, at the CICE Program, cannot share any information with family members, guardians, and/or support workers, without the consent of the student.
Directions to Humber College, North Campus
205 Humber College Blvd., Toronto, ON M9W 5L7
Directions, parking and campus maps are available.