Academic Integrity Contest
Have you ever had an amazing teacher? Someone who made learning fun and interesting, loved when you asked questions, and helped you fully understand the lesson and materials better?
Those are the same qualities you should look for in a tutor as well!
Beware of toxic tutors - a person who calls themselves a tutor but their goal is simply to help you pass or get a specific grade, rather than understand the material and develop skills.
Here are some red flags to look out for when looking for a tutor:
- They have you send them the assignment sheet
- They give you the answer instead of helping you understand and apply the concepts
- They give you a template to just fill in
- They use past course material (which raises copyright issues)
- They offer to do the assignment FOR you
October 20th is the International Day of Action against Contract Cheating (when someone has others do their work and then submits it as their own for a mark or grade). #myownwork
To help promote Academic Integrity we’re hosting a contest on Instagram for a chance to win a prize. This contest is only open to current Humber College students.
How to Enter
To enter and show your support for Academic Integrity, share additional red flags folks should look out for when hiring a tutor. There are two reels on the lifeathumber Instagram page, let us know in the comments on one or both for a chance to win a prize.
Tag your Humber classmates for additional entries! #ExcelWithIntegrity
You Could Win
- $50 Humber Spa gift card (x2)
- $45 gift card towards Humber Massage Therapy Program Student Clinic treatments (includes initial assessment plus 3x treatment appointments) (x3)
This contest has a total of five (5) prizes. Student entries from both contests (4 Red Flags, I Don’t Relate To You) will be placed into one random draw. Contest closes October 22, 2021, 11:59 pm. Five (5) current Humber College student names will be drawn on Monday, October 25, 2021. Contest winners will be announced that day and contacted directly with instructions on how to claim their prize.